Wednesday, February 03, 2021

Online Courses, MOOCs, and many for FREE



Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay


I mentioned to someone recently how I was taking several online courses and many are free.
She asked if I would share a list, so here they are:

1. Udemy offers courses on all types of subjects and many are free. I've enrolled in courses here by Amazon about the Amazon Web Services (AWS cloud). You can find discounts on courses here every now and then since they tend to have sales now and then.  I recently saw a PMI-ACP class on sale for $9.99 that offered 21 hours of PMI approved education. That was an offer too good for me to refuse!
 

2. Coursera - has courses and some are credited. I've recently taken 9 courses on Coursera that were created by IBM. I learned about AI, Machine Learning, Python, Visualization, and Data Science and received a Professional Certificate in Data Science.
 

3. Edx - has many courses. Some are offered by Harvard and other schools (MIT, BU, Berkley, etc.). You can audit some courses or pay extra for a certificate when you complete the course (if you have a passing grade). I took courses from HarvardX in Data Science and the R language.  They did have a 20% off sale around April 2019. I am also auditing a course from MIT in Machine Learning.

These online courses are sometimes referred to as MOOCs : Massive Open Online Course

Are there any online courses you can recommend?



No comments: