Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Car Turned 150,000 Miles Today


My Champagne Colored 2000 Chrysler Concorde turned 150,000 miles today!

I pulled over and took this close-up photo:
















You can see that I have a sticker on my dash that says "Not about me." This is a reference to the book "The Purpose Driven Life" ( you can read the first seven chapters at the link to the book). The author starts the book by making the point that the purpose of life is bigger than us, it's about God. I have these "Not about me" stickers in other places too. They are great reminders to me in my life of following Christ. They remind me that instead of focusing on me, I need to focus on him and how big, great, loving, mighty, powerful, overcoming, and saving he is.

I bought this car new in April 2000, so it will soon celebrate it's 10th birthday.

It's been a good car without much maintenance required. The original battery died just last week. Car batteries usually last only about 6 years or so and this one lasted almost 10!

Here's some good advice on how to get your car to last past 150,000 miles:
http://cars.about.com/od/adviceforowners/a/ag_livepast100k.htm

We've given names to most of our cars, but this one has yet to be named. I just haven't been able to think of a name for it. Any suggestions?

No comments: