Friday, March 29, 2013

Keep track of all your passwords in a safer and easy manner

Through some information I found at my employer intranet, I found this great Open Source (free) program that will save your passwords in one secure "password vault" (aka "Password manager").

You can use keepass to keep your passwords on your computer or smart phone. You can even share the list of your passwords between all these things.

So, make one list of all your passwords and share the passwords between your devices!
You can even keep your passwords on a USB drive (aka "Thumb drive") and move it between computers. What a great program!

Free! Yes, Free!

Once it's installed, you enter your passwords and save them. You'll only need to remember one password to open up the list!

I find that I have passwords for my smartphone, wifi, online shopping, combination locks, banking, etc.
Now, I can use different passwords for them all and access the list at any time with my pc or my smart phone or tablet!

Try it, you'll like it!

No comments: