Saturday, March 28, 2015

Learn From "Safety Warnings"

One of the companies I worked at in the past wanted to increase their safety record. A person was brought in to talk about safety. What I remember most was that he told us that when we get a "safety warning", we should learn from it and remove the safety issue.
   For example, if someone trips over something, but they are alright, they should move it so no one else trips over it and gets hurt more seriously. Or, they should report it to someone who can get it moved.
   Another example of how I've applied this is if I have a thought like "someone could get hurt by that " then I act on the "safety warning" and remove the issue before someone does get hurt.
   How can you keep this in mind the next time you get a "safety warning?"

No comments: