Can we really manage time, or can we really only manage our tasks?
I've spoken to so many people on this subject, I realized I should put my notes in a blog post so that others can benefit.
Here are some of the techniques and tools I use for time management.
- Prioritizing work: 7 Habits of Highly Effective people: Habit 3 is putting first things first
- There is a matrix showing important on one axis and urgent on the other. Work falls into one of the four boxes.
- Prioritize the work that is important over work that is urgent.
- It's fairly easy to prioritize work that is important and urgent, but trying to get to work that is important and not urgent is more difficult. So, use a calendar and put it on your calendar.
- There is work that is important
- Getting things done
- Pomodoro technique
- You can use paper or a daily planner book or any tool you are comfortable with. Here are some other tools that I have used. I like the first one the most.
- Kanban tool and a bit about personal Kanban (how to use the tool effectively)
- Google Calendar
What are the methods, techniques, and tools that you use? Please like and comment.