Friday, May 09, 2014

I am a Mirror; I am a Light

The Lord revealed to me a few days ago that I'm like a Mirror.

I know that we shouldn't base our self-worth on what others think of us; we should base our self-worth on what God thinks of us. (read John 3:16, John 15:13, John 10:10) So, others shouldn't base their self-worth on what we think of them either.

Even still, what do people see as a reflection of themselves when they "see" me?  Do I give a dull reflection, or do I give them a clear view of how God views them? Do I help them to see themselves truthfully?  Do I help them to see themselves as God sees them? Do I build them up?

God says that we believers are the light of the world (see Philippians 2:15 and Matthew 5:14-16). So, when others see me, I provide God's light to them. I light up their lives with God's love, peace, and grace (his unconditional love for them). I can't do that on my own, but God does that through me. So, I pray.

No comments: