Monday, May 18, 2009

Your Voice could use some exercise

I was talking to a friend the other day who sings at her church and uses her voice a lot in her teaching job. She mentioned about how her doctor had prescribed medicine because she had acid reflux and it helped, but not 100%. She was loosing her voice a lot. They did a scope and found polyps on her vocal chords. The doctor sent her to a speech therapist to get training to exercise her voice. They said this may solve it.

Now, I've heard people talk about this before, but for some reason this time it hit me. This might help me!

My voice sometimes sounds like gravel and gets rough. Maybe I need to get some training in how to exercise it so I can talk better at work, speak better on the PMlessonsLearned.com conference calls, sing better when I play the guitar, and sing better in church (not in the choir, just in the congregation). I used to sing in a choir once a year. We sang the Messiah for Christmas and had many practices, but haven't done that in years.

Checking out my voice has made my list of things to do - of course, that's a long list, but this will be somewhere near the top (along with a few hundred other things)

No comments: